At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY…
Iron Mountain Entertainment Services (IMES) is seeking a Data Input/Output (I/O) Supervisor with
experience managing digital media files. The supervisor position will direct and oversee the Data
Input/Output (I/O) team in the IMES digital studios. This role will take direction from the Studio Manager
and work closely with the technology and project management team to successfully manage client files
through a project’s life cycle up to delivery to the client. The role requires a fundamental understanding of
server file management, packaging files for delivery and tools used for manipulation/conversions of digital
● Point of contact for all Data I/O technical information exchange with clients and internal teams.
● Daily interaction and with individuals in a studio and business environment to deliver on goals.
● Develop and implement the process, technology and workflows to manage client files on the
production server through the life cycle of the project, up through delivery to the client.
● Import and export files from work order requests
● Transfer files using client-specified methods based on work order requests
● Monitor the storage environment; correct file names and provide proper directory structures,
report and delete when space is needed
● Proficiency with Linux, MacOS, Windows and working in CommandLine Interface (CLI)
● Competence with database and inventory platforms (i.e. Filemaker, Excel, GSuite etc)
● General familiarity of common file-based media conversions tools (i.e. Telestream Vantage,
Adobe Media Encoder, Amberfin, Alchemist)
● A basic understanding of file-based workflows: organization, migration, manipulation/transcoding,
packaging, delivery and archiving.
● Proficiency with basic file-management tools - create, follow, revise, and process workflows.
● Proficiency with file transfer tools (Aspera, Signiant, AWS, Dropbox, Box.com, etc.)
● Experience with handling various storage media: HDD, RAIDs, AIT, DLT, LTO, optical media,
external storage devices, etc.
● Ability to work with minimal supervision, multi-task and work with tight delivery deadlines.
● Exceptional capabilities tied to effective collaboration, communication, negotiation, assertiveness,
self-management, and accountability expected.
● Strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
● Strong written and verbal communication skills within a fast-paced post-production environment
● Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms.
● May also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
● A Bachelor Degree or Certificate from a recording school or Audio/Video technical program is preferred but not required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
● Be part of an ever evolving global organization focused on partnering with clients to protect and
activate their media archives, preserving our collective cultural heritage
● Have a support system where you have a safe place to voice your opinion and share feedback
● Open space to be creative, strategize, brainstorm, and plan for the future success of Iron
Mountain Entertainment Services
● Global connectivity to learn from 26,000+ teammates across 52 countries
Document Title: Data I/O Supervisor
● Be part of a winning team who embrace diversity, inclusion, and our
Category: gja\_Operations Group
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 17011
External ID: J0051218
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 03/15/2023