At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
Art Transportation Specialists (I) are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, in transit and during onsite projects. This position will also provide leadership and guidance during projects while acting as liaison between clients and company managers.
- Handle and move artworks, including wrapping, packing and crating using appropriate techniques and materials
- Install/de-install artworks during onsite projects using proper techniques and tools
- Load/unload trucks to ensure safe transit
- Plan the organization and packing of trucks to ensure utmost safety of objects during transit
- Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
- Lead a team; provide guidance and coaching during projects
- Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
- Determine strategy for projects, particularly when senior staff are not onsite
- Safely operate company vehicle and transport artwork to locations in and around tristate area
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, DOT regulations
- Perform all required truck inspections
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and interest in fine art, decorative art and/or design
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
- Ability to speak effectively to clients and coworkers
- Strong attention to detail, discretion, and follow-through
- Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- 2 + years driving experience within the fine arts transportation or specialized removals industry
- Must be able to safely operate 26-ft box truck, at minimum
- Valid driver’s license / CDL license not required but beneficial
- Clean personal and previous employment driving record lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Physical Requirements: lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a min. of 50lbs own their own.
- Travel Requirements:
- Local 95%
- Overnight 5%
- Utilization of Time and Equipment:
- 5% Laptop / desktop computer, telephone, projector
- 95% Lifting, moving, pushing and pulling equipment, cases, containers, or boxes in excess of: 10 - 20 lbs.
- Licenses & Certifications Required: Must have valid driver’s license / CDL not required but beneficial
- Minimum Education: High School Degree
- Minimum Experience: 2 – 4 Years
- Preferred Education: 4-Year College Degree
- Preferred Experience: 2 – 4 Years
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 27441
External ID: J0054089
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 03/15/2023