At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
The Logistics Coordinator and Customs Compliance Specialist is responsible for the daily oversight and management Logistics Coordination and Customs Compliance/Recordkeeping. They are also responsible for promoting a continuous improvement environment balancing cost and service while achieving customer and client requirements whereby Iron Mountain Logistics can be viewed as a competitive advantage.
- Coordinate daily transportation operations in an effective manner to meet or exceed established goals around cost and service metrics
- Assist with annual Logistics Partner vetting process to ensure ongoing compliance from service providers
- Review and recommend applicable updates to the Customs Compliance Manual to ensure accuracy and consistency with daily operations
- Maintain a central repository of Logistics Partner documentation (SOW-Statement of Work) to ensure accuracy
- Assist with developing new Logistics and Customs Compliance training material to deliver to internal stakeholders via the LMS platform (outbound operations, order fulfillment, sales, sales support)
- Lead the annual refresher of existing Logistics and Customs Compliance training material
- Assist with testing and implementation of system improvements to automatically capture Incoterms, Country of Origin, and HTS Classification (visible across all systems and global locations)
- Drive quarterly US Import and US Export Customs Audits by pulling associated documentation for mock US Customs audits to review/improve recordkeeping and US Customs Compliance
- Trouble-shoot inbound issues (seals, manifests, load securement)
- Drive inbound scheduling improvements through automated scheduling tool (self service tool for carriers)
- Participate and facilitate ongoing education with the existing Global Trade Management Customs Compliance tool
- Assist with spot quotations (international and domestic)
- Assist and/or direct internal stakeholders to resources/training/education for Customs Compliance inquiries
- Coordination and participation in quarterly QBR (quarterly business reviews) with key strategic Logistics and Customs Compliance partners
- Review logistics reporting to make recommendations for changes to improve financial performance
- Assign and coordinate the planning and execution of special projects/requests
- Oversee timely and accurate billing
- Ensure safety and security procedures are effectively communicated to Logistics partners
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience in the following areas: Domestic/International Logistics (all modes: Air/Ocean/Truck/Rail) and Customs Compliance
- Bias towards action
- Works well under ambiguous situations
- Takes initiative to problem solve and present alternatives/options
- Capable of working well under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Must be knowledgeable to make quick and effective/efficient decisions—balancing cost and service while meeting customer requirements/expectations
Category: Transportation Administration
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 31803
External ID: J0055173
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 03/15/2023