At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
The Senior Vice President, Global Digital Operations will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of Iron Mountain’s Digital Operations around the globe.
As the business owner, the SVP has accountability for driving customer satisfaction, financial results, positive employee experience, business development, operational excellence, and safety. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Digital Business, this role will oversee seven direct reports (VP North America, VP ESA, VP Global Operations Support, Sr. Director Global Implementations, Director LATAM, Director APAC, Director Strategic Initiatives/CoS).
The SVP, Global Digital Operations will serve as the strategic and operational expert for all business aspects of the digital operations to include high-volume paper-to-image scanning operations, digital mailroom, and business process management. The SVP will have direct leadership responsibility for a $350M P&L across globally distributed dedicated imaging centers and approximately 4,500 FTEs.
The SVP must have a proven track record of establishing an operational excellence program through executing on key performance indicators, identifying specific opportunities, and leading actions for improvement, where required. This role is expected to serve as the subject matter expert—leading through influence across the globe—in all digital business operational matters. The SVP must possess broad and adaptive decision-making skills, leading with both company values as well as the best interest of the organization and customers top of mind.
The position will play a significant role in creating the multi-year financial plan, meeting or exceeding budgets, evolving the capability roadmap, and overseeing the operational delivery for the portfolio in terms of quality, timeliness, and efficiency. The role will be key in coordination of efforts across the functional areas of Iron Mountain (e.g, HR, IT, Finance, Solutioning, Implementation, and Product Management) to ensure the near-term needs of the customers
and operations are met and the longer-term planning is aligned with the regional, global, and product strategies.
Role & Responsibilities
Transformational Leadership - The SVP, Global Digital Operations will be critical to establishing a solid foundation both organizationally and operationally to enable our growth agenda including establishing a vision and execution plan to automate scanning operations with a customer-centric mindset, increasing customer base / sales platforms, and increasing ease of implementation and support with a focus on Strategic Partner management, performance improvement, and market leadership.
The ideal candidate must be skilled at defining the value proposition and product portfolio, driving the “go-to-market” strategy, and working cross functionally across the entire organization. They will have experience scaling for growth and increased automation as well as leading their team to execute in a collaborative way.
Service Delivery : The SVP will be responsible for the performance of all digital operations. This performance includes customer KPIs for on-time performance, quality, and any other pertinent measurements required by Iron Mountain customer agreements. The SVP must be equally adept at identifying root causes of delivery issues, identifying appropriate remediation, and overseeing the remediation activities in all regions. They will seek out ways to streamline product launches and new service offerings.
Operational Excellence and Production Management: The SVP will execute operational management by regularly meeting with key stakeholders, peer organizations and their direct reports to review operational matters and results. Ensuring hands-on, active leadership, the SVP will base their decisions on review and analysis of activity with an understanding of resource allocation, production capacity, and challenges and opportunities globally. The SVP will hold the organization accountable for production results, following workflows, and ensuring that safety and security procedures are followed and understood by all teams.
Financial Execution: Working with the Executive Vice President and Finance Business team, the SVP will be responsible for the financial planning and performance of Global Digital Operations. This includes financial forecasting and delivering the financial results expected by the business.
- Financial Oversight : In partnership with the Finance Business Partner through the analysis of trends and the monitoring of P&L, the SVP will manage global financial performance. They will develop and execute appropriate plans to achieve targets based on current performance and forecasted trends. The SVP will develop gap plans to minimize risk of missing financial objectives and to manage annual operating and capex budgets that are consistent with market strategy. In addition to developing, presenting, and maintaining annual business plans for the regions, the SVP will maintain a five-year real estate plan to proactively address space needs and shifts in customer activity. With responsibility for increasing market share and improving profitability, the SVP will be charged with pricing and structuring deals to acquire new business with the objectives of maintaining a high rate of growth, favorable internal rate of return, and economic margin. The SVP will also hold approval authority for Global pricing proposals.
- Financial Acumen : Able to demonstrate a solid understanding of financial statements and how to use the data to make business decisions including analyzing activity trends and pipelines to forecast activity and labor requirements. The SVP will similarly understand the impact of price and deal structure on the bottom-line.
- Multi-Year Planning: The SVP—along with global leadership—will develop the business strategy for global growth. This strategy will be the basis for the multi-year planning that will include expected operational profitability along with initiatives to deliver improvement, investments in operational capabilities, and investments in transformational items in the operations (e.g.,facility consolidations or expansions).
Revenue Management: The SVP will drive revenue growth for each region by partnering with the sales teams in developing, identifying, and implementing marketing and selling strategies. Partnering with sales and customer service teams, the SVP will ensure SLAs are met and will develop relationships with top customers (strategic, multi-city, and large local). They will participate in key strategic account renewals with authority to sign contracts.
The Ideal Candidate Characteristics & Credentials
- Track record of success in a global organization that is fast paced and experiences heavy competition for scarce resources
- Proven comfort and ability leading and partnering cross-functionally with large and diverse operational teams, including highly technical teams
- Strong P&L experience of similar scope and size
- Working knowledge of digital operations—scanning, mailroom, data capture services—in support of multiple industries strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build short and long-term business plans;
- Evidence of business and financial acumen
- Ability to analyze financial statements, forecast, and measure to budget
- Demonstrated ability in independent decision making, supporting large customer groups, and managing highly visible projects
- Track record of delivering work efficiently through formal and informal channels and displaying broad understanding of business practices and policies
- Ability to partner effectively across all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills—both written and verbal
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time (or as required)
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 36033
External ID: J0056971
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 03/15/2023