At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY…
Crozier is seeking a qualified Art Handling Specialist to join its dynamic and growing team. Crozier is the world’s leading provider of fine art storage, services and logistics. With 1.4 million square feet of dedicated storage space across 19 locations in 10 global markets and a fleet of more than 85 specialized vehicles, Crozier serves the art world ecosystem through a strategic network that spans North America, Europe and Asia. Crozier offers unparalleled technical expertise in the handling, installation, transportation and storing of art. Our mission is to preserve culture and innovate best practices. We protect the value and integrity of treasured assets to ensure art that matters today is here for generations to come.
Art Handling Specialists are responsible for ensuring the safe handling of artworks for packing/crating, storage, in transit, warehousing and during onsite projects at our client locations. This position will also provide expertise, leadership and guidance during projects while acting as liaison between clients and company managers.
The following responsibilities outlined will vary based on role assignments for either Transportation or Warehouse activities but serve as a baseline for key responsibilities:
- Handle and move packaged and unpackaged artworks
- Wrap and pack with designated techniques,materials, and crates
- Install/de-install artworks during onsite and in-house projects using designated techniques and tools
- Conduct inspection reports for various types of art objects
- Complete daily forms, and document status and scope of work in progress
- Organize and maintain operational tools and materials
- Act as liaison while onsite between clients and company management
- Safely operate handling and vehicle equipment to transport artwork
- Confirming the accurate completion of execution information and paperwork on projects.
- Transporting, packaging and handling artwork in a safe and efficient manner;
- Properly load and unload trucks inclusive of artwork and other related materials; when required stabilize and secure cargo for safe transit
- Maintains accurate paperwork including bills of lading of jobs and storage account information;
- Ensures warehouse cleanliness, checks materials and equipment to ensure proper operation;
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Preferred experience in fine art, decorative art and/or design
- Preferred knowledge of industry standard packing, crating, and installation techniques and materials
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients and coworkers
- Detail oriented: thorough, organized, accurate and productive in work
- Must be a team player, with the ability to lead and effectively communicate instructions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Availability to travel to regional locations for onsite work
- Must be willing to work flexible hours based on the needs of the project
- Associate’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Physical Requirements: lifting, moving, heavy objects (in excess of 75 lbs), bending, kneeling, crouching, etc. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift a min. of 50lbs on their own.
- For driver related positions - Must have valid driver’s license / CDL
- Forklift Certification, and Rigging Certification not required but beneficial
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an ever evolving global organization focused on transformation and innovation
- A support system where you have a safe place to voice your opinion, share feedback, and be your true authentic self
- Global connectivity to learn from 26,000+ teammates across 52 countries
- Be part of a winning team who embrace diversity, inclusion, and our differences
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 48274
External ID: J0057988
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 05/15/2023