At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
CLIMB HIGHER AT IRON MOUNTAIN!
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for managing the entire warehouse & plant area including Operations, Transportation, Shipping, Receiving, Inquiry and Custom Assembly. The OM insures that all orders are processed within a client's guidelines. The OM is responsible for training all new logistics employees. The OM is also responsible for all logistics processes and meeting the goals and objectives of the Facility. The Operations Manager reports to the Operations Director.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- FULL BENEFITS – 1st Day of Employment
- Competitive Pay with Annual Merit Increases
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation, 7 Paid Holidays + Sick Pay
- 401 K (with company match) & Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Paid Uniforms & Safety Footwear
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Eligible for annual bonus target of 20%
PAY: Annual salary $90,000 - $100,000(Paid biweekly)
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday ( Weekends as needed)
HOURS: 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Expect to be on-call)
LOCATION: 6401 W. 106th Street #801 , Bloomington, MN 55420
- Responsible for the efficient, timely and accurate fulfillment of orders, custom assembly, processing inquiries, shipping, and inventory control.
- Establish production processes and continuously measure performance.
- Manage workload to meet workloads, goals, and guidelines consistent with the Facility’s profit objectives.
- Continuously review areas of responsibility to increase productivity and improve efficiency.
- Ensure all work is performed by the specified turnaround time (standard is 99.8% on time).
- Responsible for employee safety, security of the building, equipment, and grounds.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation and utilization of manpower, equipment, and resources.
- Communicate and interact with employees to optimize task performance while maintaining a high level of morale.
- Ensure that measurable “standards & expectations” for each position in departments are written and updated frequently.
- Train employees in key job skills.
- Provide leadership to the team, set a personal example for others to emulate.
- Keep all commitments, operate with integrity, and promote “open book” management style.
- Have the Facility pass the corporate audits twice per year.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or 8 to 10 years of experience in fulfillment
- Efficient with mathematical calculations
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Proven work experience in team-oriented, participative management environment
- Able to create queries and generate reports from the database
- Proficient in the use of third-party software and systems used in the operations environment
- Experience in leading, motivating, and training employees
- Standing, walking, talking on phone to clients, typing on a computer for eight hours
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state, or local laws in making employment decisions.
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 55415
External ID: J0059352
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 05/15/2023