At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
The Service Delivery Technician provides physical support of data center equipment in a critical environment. This role has a high level of engagement with our customers, employees, and vendors at all levels and will perform requested installations and troubleshoot tasks.
IMDC is looking for team members who are open to learning and growing in a fast-paced and evolving environment. High-energy, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to your team, our customers, and IMDC’s vision is required to be a success in this role. This is a full-time shift position. This is a full-time shift position, and may be required to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Provide support for any request requiring actions within the data center space including server/network equipment racking, cabling and provide hands-on support for customer requests, on-the-job training will be provided.
- Monitor service management ticketing system for tasks as assigned throughout your daily shift. Tasks can include customer requests, escorting, trouble tickets, material handling, and customer installations.
- Perform advanced structured cabling tasks including termination of fiber, twisted pair and coaxial copper runs, including all required cable management standards.
- Partner with the Critical Facilities and/or Network team during incidents.
- Installation and termination of all copper and fiber cross-connects to include gathering requirements, designing, labeling, testing and documentation.
- Train team on best practice, ensuring work is performed accurately and in accordance with IM’s safety standard, supporting Lead Service Delivery Technician with assigning work tasks.
- Remain informed and up-to-date on the policies and procedures in the ServiceNow knowledge base.
- Proactively identify issues and take the needed steps to resolve them.
- This position is customer facing and will require contact in-person and via telephone & email.
- Flexibility towards working hours and participate in a 24/7 escalation schedule
Key Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
- 1-3 years experience in a customer service or data center environment preferred, but not required.
- Multi tasking - we use several different systems to manage ticket queues and work tasks can change throughout the day.
- Attention to detail - ability to understand and follow a documented process and Iron Mountain’s safety code, role is very process driven.
- Organization & prioritization - following processes and managing your time with minimal supervision to get work done efficiently and on time.
- Dedication & desire to learn and teach - we would like you to grow your career within Iron Mountain and help develop the team.
- Customer service mentality - we are customer obsessed .
- Opportunities for overtime work will be available.
- Working hours are varied and nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
Disclaimer: This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Iron Mountain may include other duties as assigned.
US : Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state, or local laws in making employment decisions.
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 60876
External ID: J0059909
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 05/15/2023