At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
The Assistant Manager, Operations provides hands-on, day-to-day technical and business direction supporting critical data center operational activities. The Assistant Manager, Operations is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager and for ensuring that IMDC maintains 100% uptime in a 24x7x365 data center environment. High energy, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to your team, our customers and IMDC’s vision is required to be a success in this role.
- Manage and assign out the Operations-assigned service tickets daily using the BMS ticketing system. This will include trouble tickets and customer installations of electrical and physical equipment.
- Ensure that sellable inventory is managed and up to date for the current sales pipeline.
- Work closely with vendors, field technicians, carriers and other contractors to resolve service issues and improvements; includes assisting with applicable documentation and paperwork.
- Review staff’s performance, identify training needs, develop training plans, and plan training sessions to improve quality of service and staff development.
- Lead process improvement actions related to data center services.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to by self and team while performing work.
- Maintain knowledge of all changes going on within the building and proactively manage any potential impacts to Operations within the change management process.
- Remain informed and up-to-date on the policies and procedures in the ServiceNow knowledge base and disseminate to the team, ensuring comprehension.
- Daily interface and ongoing communication with all necessary stakeholders (CSM, Network, Sales Engineers, BMS, GNOC).
- Cultivate, support, and promote an organizational culture that provides for high performance, high morale, inclusion and high sense of urgency, integrity, and teamwork.
- Working hours are varied and nights, weekends and holidays will be required.
Key Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
- 4-6 years experience in a critical operations environment and/or data center experience preferred, but not required.
- Technical (Military/Trade School) training and/or 6 plus years’ relevant experience preferred.
- Experience managing people.
- Experience managing medium-to-large sized projects without supervision.
- Ability to quickly delegate troubleshooting and resolve effectively and efficiently.
- PC skills with demonstrated proficiency in GSuite.
- Effective communicator - clearly convey messages & requirements to inform our customers effectively. Effectively promote communication within the team and across teams. Effective communication is knowing what to convey and how to convey that information.
- Organization & prioritization - Tracking and managing multiple projects at the same time. Supervising the individuals working the project and ensuring work is getting done efficiently and on time.
- Dedication & desire to learn - we would like you to grow your career within Iron Mountain.
- Customer service mentality - we are customer obsessed.
- The ability to obtain security clearance via government or other agency background check may be required for customer support.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility of the jobholder. Certain features of this job are described in the above headings, but are not necessarily limited to the above written statements. They may be subject to review. All positions within Iron Mountain may include other duties as assigned.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other legally protected classifications under applicable federal, state, or local laws in making employment decisions.
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 31908
External ID: J0054853
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 09/15/2023