At Iron Mountain we know that work, when done well, makes a positive impact for our customers, our employees, and our planet. That’s why we need smart, committed people to join us. Whether you’re looking to start your career or make a change, talk to us and see how you can elevate the power of your work at Iron Mountain.
We provide expert, sustainable solutions in records and information management, digital transformation services, data centers, asset lifecycle management, and fine art storage, handling, and logistics. We proudly partner every day with our 225,000 customers around the world to preserve their invaluable artifacts, extract more from their inventory, and protect their data privacy in innovative and socially responsible ways.
Are you curious about being part of our growth story while evolving your skills in a culture that will welcome your unique contributions? If so, let's start the conversation.
This is an onsite position in Santa Clara, CA
Iron Mountain is a multinational corporation creating circularity models and second lives for some of the most advanced data center technology on the planet. With sustainable products and services that power cloud and enterprise data centers, edge infrastructure, AI/ML, embedded and industrial systems worldwide, Iron Mountain is opening up billions in new financial opportunity across the ecosystem, slashing time-to-value, e-waste and CO2, and making hyperscale hardware accessible and affordable for all. It’s why data center owners, service providers and enterprises worldwide choose Iron Mountain to design, build, sustainably scale and securely decommission their critical infrastructure.
Are you looking for a dynamic, exciting career in the IT data security sector? The ideal candidate will have a passion for cutting edge technology and creative culture. As an Iron Mountain Data Center Technician you will provide a critical service to one of our most important clients. This client is a large global public technology company and leader in social media. As they grow, their data center operation has been expanding at a rapid pace, resulting in increasing support from Iron Mountain. We are looking for technical professionals to serve in this vital role and provide an essential function.
Job Responsibilities and/or Success Factors:
- Manage vendor activities and maintain both new and existing vendor relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Assist with process improvement initiatives, new process and documentation of process and policy including playbooks
- Attend operational syncs and capture notes and manage the completion of action items
- Physical destruction of storage devices ensuring data is non-recoverable
- Logical tracking of storage media
- Meticulous tracking of chain of custody records for all storage media
- Safe and secure transport to storage media within client site as well as intercampus transport
- Troubleshoot issues that may arise during drive wiping
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve for physical and logical discrepancies
- Reconcile all wiped/destroyed media across internal records
- Use of proprietary data sanitization software
- Utilize various inventory systems, determining which devices are destroyed or sanitized
- Coordinate pickup of sanitized and destroyed devices
- Prioritize tracking and reconciling part movement / destruction through the task system
- Sync with global teams on various tasks and upcoming innovations
- Meet SLAs/Deadlines on data eradication and/or destruction
- Assist with additional data center side projects as appropriate
- Effectively communicate issues to team members and leadership
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with clients and co-workers
- Provide updates and feedback via daily reports and weekly meetings
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Eradication Room and tech workspace
Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma Required
- Previous experience with inventory management system(s) (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Comfortable using Windows OS and Mac OS
- Experience repairing and/or upgrading PC / server equipment (Preferred)
- Ability to multitask and work effectively with others
- Ability to quickly shift priorities based on client needs
- Previous work in a data center environment (Preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Ability to lift minimum of 40 Lbs.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Inventory Management: (1 year (Preferred)
- Repairing and/or upgrading PC / server equipment: (1 year (Preferred)
Reasonably expected salary range: $51,500.00 - $64,400.00
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain is a global leader in storage and information management services trusted by more than 225,000 organizations in 60 countries. We safeguard billions of our customers’ assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and invaluable cultural and historic artifacts. Take a look at our history here.
Iron Mountain helps lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable digital and sustainable solutions, whether in information management, digital transformation, secure storage and destruction, data center operations, cloud services, or art storage and logistics. Please see our Values and Code of Ethics for a look at our principles and aspirations in elevating the power of our work together.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 259505
External ID: J0067388
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 11/15/2023