At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
- Benefits Offered: 2 Weeks Paid Vacation, Sick-Time, Paid Federal Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits available immediately
- Compensation: $21/hr
- Location: 19826 Russell Rd Kent, WA 98032
- Monday through Friday Shift (First Shift: 7am-3:30pm)
About the Opportunity
Iron Mountain is seeking an Imaging Technician with direct industry experience in handling and processing photographic formats, obsolete images, 2D assets, historical documents, drawings and maps. This role will take direction from the Operations Manager and work closely with the imaging and project management team to successfully complete client requests up through delivery. The role requires a fundamental understanding of image file formats and the tools used for manipulation/conversions of assets into digital files.
- Image asset migration (digitization), restoration, remediation, and reformat in the digital studio space
- Research – format and metadata identification/verification
- Assignment management, work logs, asset tracking, chain of custody, archival engineer reports for all asset production work
- Troubleshoot, calibrate, and general maintenance/upkeep of existing equipment
- Recommend and test new and used equipment (hardware and software) including software version, driver, and firmware update management
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies
- Job requires a fundamental understanding of current and obsolete image and photographic formats and processes. Strong team and interpersonal skills are required in addition to technical and business expertise.
- Familiarity with historic analog and digital photographic media formats including, but not limited to: negatives, positives, transparencies, glass plate, slide, and poster
- Working knowledge of MAC/PC including but not limited to: Capture One CH, Photoshop, Photomechanical, Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of current FADGI guidelines
- Familiarity with rich media archive organization, inventory, and tracking
- Detailed Archival and Work Log generation – detailed asset tracking of all production work and metadata
- Familiarity with secure electronic and physical file delivery systems
- Familiarity with restoration, remediation, stabilization of 2D Assets. Able to identify deterioration and recommend/execute remediation for safe digitization.
- Set-up and configuration of scanning equipment: Phase One capture systems, computer workstation, scanning peripherals.
- Attention to detail/quality control: consistent monitor of image file quality
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Self-motivation and effective time management: planning, organization, and prioritization for the successful and timely completion of projects
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to constructively collaborate in a results-oriented team
Job / Physical Requirements/Qualifications
Although this is primarily a technical position, there is a physical requirement to properly handle asset/media, handling (inbounding/outbound) inventory boxes, session set-up, and hardware/scanning equipment configuration.
- Must be a US citizen
- Bachelors in related field & 2-4 years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent & 3-5 years of relevant experience
- A Bachelor Degree or Certificate from an accredited multi-media, film, photojournalism, graphics, or database/archive management school or technical program is highly preferred but not required.
- Membership and participation with local and national technical associations such as; The American Photography Archives Group (APAG), The International Center of Photography (ICP), Association of Registrars and Collections Specialists (ARCS), Society of American Archivists (SAA) is encouraged
- 2 Yrs College Preferred Experience: 4 – 7 Years
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of an ever evolving global organization focused on partnering with clients to protect and activate their media archives, preserving our collective cultural heritage
- Have a support system where you have a safe place to voice your opinion and share feedback
- Open space to be creative, strategize, brainstorm, and plan for the future success of Iron Mountain
- Global connectivity to learn from 26,000+ teammates across 52 countries
- Be part of a winning team who embrace diversity, inclusion, and our differences
Reasonably expected salary range: $34,800.00 - $43,600.00
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain is a global leader in storage and information management services trusted by more than 225,000 organizations in 60 countries. We safeguard billions of our customers’ assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and invaluable cultural and historic artifacts. Take a look at our history here.
Iron Mountain helps lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable digital and sustainable solutions, whether in information management, digital transformation, secure storage and destruction, data center operations, cloud services, or art storage and logistics. Please see our Values and Code of Ethics for a look at our principles and aspirations in elevating the power of our work together.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 258259
External ID: J0066831
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 11/15/2023