At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
Shift: 6:00 pm - 3:30 am
Responsible for video asset migration (digitization), restoration, remediation and reformat in the digital studio space. Coordinates and trouble shoots project assignments, communicates directly with customer/client point of contact for technical information exchange. Works with IM Client Services Representative, IM Studio Manager, IM Records and IM Customer Services to ensure receipt, tracking and final delivery of contracted service to client. Support for Chief/Lead engineer.
Video asset migration (digitization), restoration, remediation and reformat in the digital studio space Client communication Research – format and metadata identification/verification Project management, work logs, asset tracking, chain of custody, archival engineer reports for all asset production work Troubleshoot, calibrate and general maintenance/upkeep of existing equipment Recommend and test new and used equipment (hardware and software) including software version, driver and firmware update management
Functional Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
Minimum 2 years direct industry experience required. Job requires fundamental understanding of current and obsolete analog and digital recording processes. Strong team and interpersonal skills are required in addition to technical and business expertise.
- Familiarity with historic analog and digital video media formats including, but not limited to: 2” Quadruplex, 2” Helical Scan, 1” Type A, U-matic ¾”, VHS, Betamax, Betacam, Betacam SP, Digital Betacam, D1, D2, D3, D5, DV, Hi-8 , Blu-Ray, DVD
- Working knowledge of multiple Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) platforms (MAC/PC) including but not limited to: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, QuickTime, Black Magic, iMovie, Telestream & FileMaker, G-Suite
- Familiarity with rich media archive organization, inventory and tracking
- Detailed Archival and Work Log generation – detailed asset tracking of all production work and metadata
- Familiarity with secure electronic and physical file delivery systems
- Familiarity with backup solutions: digital archiving to server and LTO
- Familiarity of restoration, remediation, stabilization of analog and digital video media. Able to identify deterioration and recommend/execute remediation for safe playback/capture
- Set-up and configuration of video equipment: analog to digital, digital to digital and digital to analog
- Attention to detail / quality control: consistent monitor of level, sound quality/fidelity
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal
- Self-motivation and effective time management: planning, organization and prioritization for the successful and timely completion of projects
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- demonstrable ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to constructively collaborate in a results oriented team
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and Iron Mountain policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame
Leadership: The Engineer position has no direct reports.
Problem Solving: This position requires some technical problem solving and the ability to make judgments based on the analysis of information. Identify problem, recommend solution options, report to Chief/Lead Engineer, execution and review with Chief/Lead Engineer.
Interpersonal Skills: This position requires daily interaction and effective communication with individuals in a studio and organizational environment. Strong verbal and non-verbal communication, listening, negotiation, problem-solving decision-making, assertiveness self-management, responsibility and accountabilityis expected.
Job / Physical Requirements/Qualifications:
Physical Requirements: Although this is primarily a technical position, there is a minimal physical requirement to handle asset/media handling (inbounding/outbound) inventory boxes, session set-up, and hardware/recording equipment configuration. Travel Requirements: There is no travel required
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 65367
External ID: J0060689
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 09/15/2023