At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the everyday to the extraordinary. We build customer value around the world with a passion for preserving the physical, transforming the digital, and respecting the environmental. We pioneered the industry for global records and information management and have established some of the best customer relationships in the industry with 95% of the Fortune 1000 companies among our 225,000 loyal customers. Here, you’ll bring your expertise and creativity to a workplace that thrives on continuous improvement. Here, you’ll be part of a global workforce that embraces the differences among us. And here, we’ll encourage you to Climb Higher for the benefit of our customers and each other. There is so much more, but enough about us. We can’t wait to hear about YOU.
Territory Business Director
Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of Iron Mountain’s business lines within the assigned area of ownership (market). The Territory Business Director, as the business owner of the market(s), has accountability for driving Financial Results, Business Development, Positive Employee Experience, Customer Satisfaction and Safety within the specific market(s). Provides leadership on all aspects of Operational Excellence and partners with other functional teams to coordinate strategic selling and operational efforts for the market(s). Reports directly to Regional VP.
Financial and Operational Success
- Financial Oversight – Manage financial performance of market by partnering with the Regional Finance Manager and Director of Business Support to analyze trends and monitor P&L. Develop and execute appropriate plans to achieve targets based on current performance and forecasted trends. Works with Director of Business Support to develop gap plans to minimize risk of missing financial objectives. Manage against annual operating and capex budgets that are consistent with market strategy. Manage rack and capacity utilization. Maintain a 5-year real estate plan to proactively address space needs and shifts in customer activity. Assist in pricing and structuring deals to acquire new business with the objectives of maintaining a high rate of growth, favorable internal rate of return and economic margin, increasing market share, and improving profitability by achieving operating leverage. Approval authority for pricing proposals impacting assigned market(s). Develop, present and maintain annual business plan for market(s).
- Organizational Structure - Regularly review organizational structure to ensure appropriate alignment with North America and Regional organizational model, plan and resources are in place to meet the needs of our customers, operational metrics and financial goals. Partner with Human Resources as needed to make organizational changes.
- Operational Excellence, Standards & Compliance – Regularly meet with Operations Managers and Supervisors to review operational results. Ensure hands on, active leadership, and that decisions are made based on review and analysis of activity to understand resource allocation, business capacity, challenges and opportunities. Hold Operations Managers and Supervisors accountable to ensure safety & security procedures are followed and understood by team, the quality of service is continuously improving, and that they are conducting semi-annual self-audits for market to prepare for audits from the Internal Audit group. Actively participate in the safety review process to ensure we have addressed root causes and taken corrective action to prevent future instances.
- Revenue Management – Drive revenue growth for market by partnering with Sales team in developing, identifying and implementing marketing and selling strategies. Partner with Sales and Customer Service Teams to ensure SLA’s are met. Develop relationships with top customers in market (strategic, multi-city and large Local). Develop and implement price increases on field book of business. Participate in key account renewals with authority to sign contracts.
- Account Executive Sponsorship – Work closely with Sales/Account Management on opportunities and removing obstacles to expedite revenue generation. Develop and maintain key external relationships with trade associations (i.e. ARMA, AIM), customers and competitors. Drive initiatives within market. Participate in tactical Acquisitions.
- New Business Acquisition - Partner with M&A team and Director, Business Support to identify acquisition targets (includes development of metro and micro markets), develop relationships, and perform due diligence. Once acquired, the Territory Business Director is responsible for move and integration planning, as well as executing the plan through his/her team. Research Local Competition- Know and understand the services provided by local competitors, their strengths and areas of opportunity. Work with sales team to develop strategic and innovative solutions to win competitive deals.
Culture and Employee Development
- Culture – Responsible for creating a positive and inclusive work environment that values and respects the ideas and experience of all employees. Ensure Iron Mountain’s core values are upheld throughout the market providing necessary leadership and focus to the frontline workforce. Partner with Workforce Experience Manager to foster and promote a positive work environment for all employees through active leadership, self and team, and regular open, two-way communication. Creates an environment where innovative ideas from all team members are welcome, reviewed and actioned. Ultimately accountable for implementing and driving a safety culture.
- Employee Development - Responsible for driving a strong culture of leadership development with consistent standards and approaches to talent assessment. Ensures Development Plans are in place, acted upon, regularly reviewed and completed by all exempt employees and high potential hourly employees. Partners with Human Resources on development activities and workshops to address the key competencies required for success in each role and to support individual development plans. Partner with HR Business Partner to ensure talent is reviewed regularly and successors identified for all exempt roles.
Key Skills, Requirements and Competencies:
- 7 to 15 years’ experience leading/managing in a customer focused service industry
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Graduate degree preferred
- Previous experience in a matrix management organization
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience managing client accounts, developing client relationships and maintaining a high degree of client retention.
- Strong P&L experience of similar scope and size
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to build short and long-term business plans
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Financial Acumen: Solid understanding of financial statements and how to use the data to make business decisions. Analyze activity trends and pipelines to forecast activity and labor requirements. Understand the impact of price and deal structure on the bottom-line.
- Problem Solving: Proven ability to understand customer challenges and work with operations and sales teams to develop win-win solutions. Ability to adjust strategic plan and change course in the event key goals may be missed.
- Nature of Impact: Solid understanding and proven ability of increasing performance through leveraging of labor, driving price and driving growth. Ability to drive top line revenue and bottom line profit. Must have ability to communicate all products and services to internal and external customers.
Reasonably expected salary range: $148,600.00 - $198,100.00
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader for storage and information management services. Trusted by more than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50 countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of working.
Our Cores Values and Code of Ethics are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience exceptional.
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. See the Supplement to learn more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Iron Mountain is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit and hire applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law.
To view the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law posters and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, CLICK HERE
LeadFlex Job ID: 256145
External ID: J0065332
ATS Tracking ID: 6615
Vendor ID: 6615
Post Date: 09/15/2023